Once the BluePrint is completed and approved, the configuration of the instance of CRM can begin. xRM will require temporary System Administrator access to the instance of Microsoft Dynamics CRM, whether it is on Online deployment, or a Partner Hosted deployment. For Online deployments, CRM users are added in the Office365 portal. It is not necessary to provide Office365 administrator permissions, but the System Administrator role is necessary within CRM, once the new user lands there. For Partner-Hosted deployments with xRM as partner, the creation of an additional user is not necessary.
The Project Plan submitted by the dedicated Project Manager will contain the specific steps, based on the BluePrint, but generally speaking, the following tasks are completed, in order:
Blueprint Completion and Approval
Business Process Flow Engineering
Forms and Views
Security Role Modifications
Server Side Synchronization
Outlook Client Installation and Training
End User Training
Each client can choose from one bonus component to be included in the Deployment Package. The following describes what is available as bonus components:
- Data Migration. In some cases, data migration can be one of the most time consuming tasks in a deployment. This is generally true when a significant amount of data cleanup or transformation is required to populate CRM with existing data. When a client chooses this option, xRM generally takes the approach of focusing on the technically difficult aspects of the migration, while empowering our customer to complete the less technically difficult, but potentially time-consuming tasks such as data preparation. Essentially, xRM data migration specialists deliver custom templates for each entity to be migrated (Account, Contact, Lead or Opportunity) in a format that users can populate. xRM also provides video and written instructions how to use the custom templates provided. Once all templates are populated by the customer, whether it’s done on an individual basis or through a single person acting for all users, up to three consolidated templates are delivered to xRM data technicians (one for each entity), and the data is imported properly, so as to preserve existing relationships between the data sets. The import process itself will be recorded and the video delivered so that future imports can be conducted by company administrative staff, or anyone designated to import data. This service includes assistance with three entities – Account, Contact and Lead or Opportunity. (Please note that if the Opportunity chosen, Product Line Items will not be included in this option.)
- Server Side Synchronization or Email Router. This service delivers the configuration and/or installation of the “Server Side Synchronization” or “Email Router” solution for email integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM, depending on which makes the most sense for your business. The choice generally depends on your existing email infrastructure and provider. The customer will supply xRM with the necessary information to allow the configuration or the installation, such email server information and whatever credentials might be required. The package also includes the configuration of up to ten mailbox records in Microsoft Dynamics CRM. This option does not include troubleshooting of email server issues, or configuration of the mail server or email accounts, such as password changes or the creation of email users on the email server.
- Outlook Client Installation and Training. This service focuses on knowledge transfer and enabling the customer to complete this work themselves. This is necessary because the work must be done on the individual computer, and only the client and end user representatives and support staff would have the level of access required. Thus, this service provides the tools required to install and configure the Outlook client software on the end user computer, whether a laptop or desktop. xRM provides video and written instructions for the installation and configuration of this software for one user. Specifically, our team will work with your team to install and configure a single workstation or laptop computer in an online interactive meeting, which will be recorded for your future use. The instructions we send as well, include the configuration and operation of the “Offline” client, in the event that this is desired by the customer.
- Mobile Installation and Configuration. This service provides a set of instructions, similar to the Outlook Client Installation and Training, that provides the means by which the end users can install the mobile Microsoft Dynamics CRM client on their phones and tablets. It also includes up to one mobile form configuration each for the Contact and Account entities.
- Workflow Automation. The workflow engine is one of the most important capabilities that Microsoft Dynamics CRM has to offer. Many companies use the workflow engine to provide notifications of new or changing data in CRM, or to create tasks or follow-up reminders automatically, to the creating of records based on changes in the system. You are welcome to let xRM assist you in learning how to leverage this important feature. You would provide the logic for something you wish to automate and we will create the workflow, and also provide you with instructions so you can repeat this for other workflow ideas you may develop yourself, such as the update of records, email notification, activity creation, and more. This package allows for the creating of up to two workflows, with up to five steps each. The configuration of email components to send emails is not included.
Please note that the inclusion of additional options can be made available at their respective QuickStart rates.