What information can be exported from Microsoft Dynamics CRM to Constant Contact?
- xRM Constant Contact Integration allows you to export Marketing Lists from CRM to Constant Contact as Contact Lists.
Does xRM Constant Contact Integration support the export of Leads and Accounts in addition to Contacts?
- Yes. Leads, Contacts, or Accounts can be included in a Marketing List and exported to Constant Contact.
What information can be imported into Microsoft Dynamics CRM from Constant Contact?
- The tool allows you to import your campaign results, including Opens, Clicks, and Bounces into your Microsoft Dynamics CRM database. It also xRM marks recipients who have unsubscribed from your emails as Do Not Bulk E-mail in CRM.
Can I choose the lists that I want to export to Constant Contact?
- Yes. Export all your lists or only selected ones. The choice is yours.
When are my Marketing Lists exported to Constant Contact?
- The export of Marketing Lists is on-demand.
Does xRM Constant Contact Integration work with both Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online and on-premises versions of Microsoft Dynamics CRM?
- Yes. xRM Constant Contact Integration works with Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online as well as Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 and CRM 2011. It is also compatible with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0, but offers reduced functionality. To deploy it on-premises, you have to ensure that you expose Microsoft Dynamics CRM Web Service endpoints. Most on-premises deployments do not have Microsoft Dynamics CRM Web Service set up by default. You will need to contact your IT department about enabling Web Services.
What information does xRM need to set up xRM Constant Contact Integration?
In order to set up the integration tool and enable it to sync data between CRM and Constant Contact, we will need the following information:
- The username and password that you use to access CRM (must be an account with Administrator access). The password must be unencrypted so that the integration tool can synchronize the lists and contacts to the Constant Contact account.
- The domain and URL that you use to access CRM
- The username and password of your Constant Contact account
- In order to set up the integration tool and enable it to sync data between CRM and Constant Contact, we will need the following information:
Once I synchronize a marketing list with my Constant Contact account, how long will it take for the marketing list to appear in Constant Contact?
- It may take up to 15 minutes for the two lists to synchronize.
Are the Constant Contact metrics tracked in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0?
- No. While the metrics that cover opens, clicks, bounce backs, and opt-outs are recorded in Constant Contact, that information is not pushed to Dynamics CRM 4.0.
What’s the cost of xRM Constant Contact Integration?
- Please contact us using the form below for current pricing.
- Do you have a demo of xRM Constant Contact available?